There are a lot of players in a real estate transaction and keeping them all straight can be confusing. This post will explain the difference between HomeBay, Inc and BrokerTech, Inc. and explain who provides what services in a transaction.
Here's the legal lingo:
HomeBay, Inc. ("HomeBay") is a technology company like Zillow. It does not provide broker services in a real estate transaction. Any and all broker services in California will be provided by BrokerTech, Inc. ("BrokerTech"), a licensed real estate brokerage in the state of California and a HomeBay partner. In Florida, the equivalent of Broker Tech is HomeBay Broker SE, Inc. (collectively, the "Affiliated Brokers").
Here's the breakdown:
- Technology to help you get your property listed
- Syndication of your property to Zillow, Trulia and more
- Online tool tips that relate to getting listed
- An electronic signature platform
- Phone support related to technology questions
- Get more details about our seller service
The Affiliated Broker Provides:
- A pro photographer to shoot your home and upload pictures
- Broker representation in your real estate transaction
- MLS listing
- Disclosure forms
- Counter offers
- Phone support to answer your real estate questions
Collectively HomeBay and its Affiliated Brokers work together to provide you comprehensive seller support. We offer you access to a team of experts; a real estate broker, a certified transaction coordinator, and so on. These parties work together to support you through your home sale.
Questions about how all this works? Ask us!