Looking for some advice on how to successfully host an open house? Follow this checklist of open house best practices to simplify the process!
Open House Checklist:
- Schedule your open house on the weekend, sometime between noon and 4pm.
- Update your Home Bay listing with your open house times. We will syndicate this information to your listings on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com.
- Clean your driveway and walkways.
- Landscape your yard.
- Remove or lock up your valuables.
- Place an open house sign in your front yard. If your community allows it, also place them at each corner of your street, directing buyers to your home. (This post explains where to get them.)
- Don't show the home by yourself - have another person present.
- Give buyers some breathing room so they can explore your home and speak freely amongst themselves.
- Don't hover, but do stay within earshot, so you are readily available for questions.